Monday, November 1, 2010

Two blog posts in one day.

I know it, I am as surprised as you.

The way the world should work: It's 1 something in the morning, all of the homework that MUST be done is done, so I shall go to bed.

The way the world in fact works: It's 1 something in the morning, so I will check blogs, facebook, twitter, facebook again, and then write a blog post. And excuse me for a moment while I check facebook again.


Ok, I'm back. We are good.

Anyways, besides the urge to sing/quote the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song just now, here is what's happening in my life:

Ok, so I go to Capitol Hill church of Christ every Sunday for evening church. At first I thought it was going to be some thing I did to get the class credit I needed, and then I would move on. After all, inner city missions are cool, but I go to far away places where people don't speak the same language and it is easy to serve God because I see that the people I am serving are poor, but the whole language barrier stops me from really knowing (and caring) what is hurting their hearts, not just their stomachs. I am not going to fall in love with pre-schoolers and families and ministry staff that show me what the real love of Jesus is about. Nope, not what I am going to do with the rest of my life.
I mean, I am right...right? I have plans, I know I am going to be a nurse and move away from America and this is mapped out...

Whoa. Wait. Hold the phone.

I get it God. You are in charge, and You enjoy seeing your plan take effect (affect?) in my life.
You want to lead me to where you have called me. You want me to listen to your voice, even if it is the gentle whisper. Or even if it is a kid in inner-city OKC giving me a hug and telling me he missed me since last time. You want me to trust you.
This is what I want from you God.
Take me from the very inside of my self, God. I am freakin' out. You have some big plan for me, and I am not sure what it is. In fact, I have no idea what it is. But you do, God. So make me happy with that.


Whoa.

That, ladies and gents, is what happens when the way the world DOES work happens... You have big plans (of sleeping) but then your plans are changed (by blogging)...

We serve such a cool God.

No comments:

Post a Comment